eBIND® is a colorant developed for Laser Transmission Welding, a new method for joining plastics.
These colorants allow two plastic layers to be welded together by passing a laser beam through the layers and forming a melt pool between them.
eBIND® LAW Series
(Master Batch for Laser Absorption)
Absorbents for Laser Absorption Material
- Uniform light and heat conversion.
- Deep melt pool.
- Allows for wide range of welding conditions.
eBIND® LTW Series
(Master Batch for Laser Transmission)
Colorants for Laser Transmission Material
- Acts as a filter which shades visible light and carries out an infrared penetration.
- Has a negligible effect on the mechanical properties of the plastic.
- The composition of each LTW product changes with the polymer used.